The meaning of life is to find your Gift! Benefits of Dancing
Benefits of dancing
I absolutely love to dance. I live it as a lifestyle and it has been a massive driving force in my life since I was a little girl. I am extremely blessed to be able to follow my passion of dancing as a career and wake up every day knowing that I have the ability to spark the very same passion in others to follow their dreams and achieve beyond what they believe to be possible for their lives. Just thinking about what an amazing life I am able to live thanks to my dancing, I get eagerly excited to share it and its benefits with my fellow dancers, students, friends and family. There are countless benefits to taking up dancing as a hobby or performing in a team at socials and events, these are a few I feel are hugely beneficial to us as people:
1. Improved flexibility, strength and sense of well-being.
We all want to live good lives. We want to experience the best of everything in all areas of our lives and have a sense that things are going well. Flexibility and strength benefit us as our bodies feel strong and able to carry out the daily tasks presented to us as well as be nimble enough to not feel tense or in pain.
2. Keeps body and brain active, vital for people of every age.
No matter what age you are, body and brain activity promote growth in us as people. We need to keep moving, keep learning new things so that we feel alive and energetic to take on life. Dancing can be both physically and mentally demanding, but in a way which brings out the best in us.
3. Committing to a new hobby is an excellent way of meeting new people and making friends. Dancing communities all around the world exist because of the many committed and like-minded people who contribute to their success and vibe. People from all walks of life can meet within a dancing class and because they have a common interest, can interact and connect on a much more meaningful level.
4. Learning about your body as well as improving your posture and balance. Not only does dancing help you learn about what you are capable of physically, but it helps your mind teach your body what it is really capable of. We live in a world of hunched over backs sitting at computer or television screens most of the day not moving around as much as we should. Dancing improves our posture as well as balance in a world where the majority of people may suffer from this later in life.
5. Reduce stress levels. We have all felt what it is like to be stressed at some point in our life. We are all going through different situations at any given time and the worrying feeling of stress pokes its nasty head out at us every once and a while which is counterproductive and unnecessary. Dancing will take you to a place of focus and fun, learning each step and feeling the music which will help you forget about the worries of the world.
6. Learning about other cultures through dance styles and meeting new people.Wouldn’t it be amazing to travel to every corner of the globe and soak up all the culture and new and exciting experiences from the locals who live them every day? Dancing has many, many sub genres offering different styles and this can take you to the place of the music without the needs of a plane ticket or luggage.
7. New career opportunities and communication skills. Dancing is a form of expression, expression is a way of communication. We as people need to communicate and be heard in life to let others know where we are at and what we are trying to say. Dancing can open up doors and windows for people as it promotes communication which can be applied to other aspects of their lives such as at home or in the work place. This can only be beneficial as you may approach a situation differently, which may be noticed and may be rewarded.
8. Increase of self-esteem and confidence through mastering of skills. We all know how wonderful it is to feel like we are good at something. When we can say with all confidence, and prove with all intention that we can master any given task no matter how small. Dancing is no different and the benefits it brings to self-esteem and self-confidence through conquering its vast array of skills is immense to us as we will feel better about ourselves and will treat others better and inspire them to do the same. It is an upward spiral we can all afford to ride.
9. Creative outlet for musicality, rhythm and expression of personalities in a safe environment. We all need ways to blow off steam from our busy lives. While many people enjoy doing this in bars and clubs, dancers who commit time to a course with an instructor can do so in a safe environment and let creativity be their outlet instead of excess. Creativity and the expression of it is very uplifting to dancers as it only plunges them further into their craft, motivating them to want more. Musicality and rhythm fit like a glove as a benefit of dancing as they help the imagination realize the expression of creativity.
10. Fun. Fun. FUN
Dancing is fun. We love to have fun and feel good. Smiling and laughing and learning how to move your body in new ways to the beat of the music is fun. When we have fun, we enjoy ourselves. When we enjoy ourselves, we keep healthy. It’s a never ending positive cycle and it feels oh so good to go round and round.
Dancing for me is a way of life. It has shaped me to become the woman I am today and I live to help inspire and motivate other ladies to catch the dancing bug and inspire and motivate other ladies. In the studio, in the class room, in the shower and in the living room, I just love to dance. Moving to the Netherlands when I was a little girl I remember how I could not sit still in my chair when in class. My parents were called in by the teacher to talk about my constant moving. Little did they know that I would continue to move and I never intend on ever stopping.
SHARE! please let me know what dance means to YOU and what benefits you experience! 😀
No comments yet.